Tuesday, August 14, 2007

First Day of Kindergarten!!!






Today was Brianne's FIRST day of school. She is officially a kindergartner. After arriving home at 2am from our trip to Minnesota, we managed to make it on time to her classroom, with lunch and backpack filled. With little brother and sister in tow, we dropped her off as she happily joined her class. It went so smoothly I had to remind myself of the significance of the whole thing. When I picked her up 4 hours later she was as calm as when I dropped her off. When I asked how her first day was she said, "good". It is times like these that I wish she was more like her mama and would describe in detail what happened and how it made her feel. In most everything I am thankful she resembles her daddy, except in this way. I'm dying to know everything that went on in her little mind...but that's just not her. So, I will continue on this journey we are on together of experiencing so many 'firsts' and pray we just figure it out as we go. It is hard to be able to remember the moment she entered my life and just a blink later...she's in school and is fine without me.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Great pics, Kait. Thanks for posting them. Poor Bri looks wiped out! 2 a.m. bedtime the night before school starts! Woo hoo! Carmen says she's proud of you Brianne. Much love...

Stanphill Family said...

Hi Kait-
Love the pictures. My mom has some great one's from the wedding too. We are so proud of Brianne for such a great first day. Hope it continues to be great. Emma and Joseph start tomorrow morning-and Gavin too! Love and miss you all. -Rebecca

Anonymous said...

And soon...She's going to be married.

Anonymous said...

and Tammi Coleman says: and then, you'll be a grandma.