
ready for tea sandwiches and strawberry italian soda

sunglasses made by mike

pin the sunglasses on Fancy Nancy - also drawn my mike

slightly off

waiting to open presents
I can't believe that my daughter is 7! How could I have a 7 year old? Could this be true?
We had a fun day of celebration. Nate, Carm, Sienna and Isaiah came over the night before so the kids were up and outside playing before any of the parents were even dressed. What better way to start out your birthday than to be with your beloved cousins? Mike brought the "birthday donuts" home as we prepared for the "Fancy Nancy" party. Carmen helped me make tea sandwiches and a fruit plate while I finished the decorations. We read the Fancy Nancy story, had some coloring games, learned some french words (just to be more fancy), played pin-the-sunglasses-on-Fancy-Nancy and endulged in pink birthday cake and parfaits. Each girlfriend received a boa, purse that she decorated during the party, a fancy feather plume, and a Fancy Nancy story and sticker book. We had a studpendous time! Thank you to all who made such an effort to come and celebrate Brianne!
We ended the day at a swim party with church friends. Brianne crashed on the couch well before bed-time. She didn't even make it to her 'birth' time 10:48pm....but neither did I. :) Lets just say, I was peacefully sleeping and thankful it was 10:48pm in 2008 instead of 2001. The past seven years have been such a blessing. We love our energetic, joyful, sensitive Brianne Claire!
No comments:
Post a Comment