


Crazy! I can't believe it's THAT time again. My daughters are now 2nd and 3rd graders! They were excited to see their friends at Pine Grove Elementary but sad the summer had gone by so quickly. I walked the girls to their classes on the first day and could sense the excitment and uneasiness in both of them. New classroom. New teacher. New friends. New routine. So much to take in and just leave them to figure it out. (yes, I still struggle every year) So typical of their personalities; Maicee marched right in and took a seat at an open desk. She didn't really even say good-bye to me. She faces uncertainty with such determination. Brianne was asking me quietly, "where do I put my backpack?" "Are we supposed to wait in line or go straight in?" "I'll just wait here til I see my friends." I had to firmly urge her into her classroom with my hand on her back and assure her she'd love her teacher and know at least a few kids in her classroom. I love their differences.
No comments:
Post a Comment